Christmas Tree Season 2017
- We officially open for Christmas tree sales the day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 24th). Our hours are 9am-5pm every day until Christmas Eve. Dogs on leashes are always welcome!
- At the Grass Lake location on the weekends, there will be different farms to which you will be directed depending on the type of tree you would like:
- Cut-your-own Douglas Fir, Spruce, and Concolor Fir: 13671 East Michigan Ave.
- Cut-your-own Fraser Fir: 15012 Reiman Rd.
- All pre-cut trees and cut-your-own Scotch Pine and White Pine: 3512 Notten Rd.
- On weekdays, please continue to go to the main farm at 3512 Notten Rd.
- If you would like to cut your own Fraser Fir taller than 8 feet, please go to the Brooklyn location.
- Due to unfortunate circumstances, we have only one team of horses available for the wagon rides this year. Weather permitting, the horse-drawn wagon rides will alternate between the Grass Lake and Brooklyn locations on the weekends:
- Friday, Nov. 24th and Saturday, Nov. 25th
- Saturday, Dec. 2nd
- Saturday, Dec. 9th
- Grass Lake:
- Sunday, Nov. 26th
- Sunday, Dec. 3rd
- Sunday, Dec. 10th
- At the Grass Lake location, the Salem Grove Church will be open selling refreshments and holiday crafts:
- Nov. 24th, 25th, and 26th
- Dec. 2nd
- Dec. 9th
You have reached one of the oldest and largest tree farms in Southern Michigan. We started in the 1930’s and are still going strong with two locations:
- In Grass Lake, Michigan along I-94 between Jackson and Ann Arbor
- In Brooklyn, Michigan on Monroe Pike
Getting out into the country and harvesting a fresh cut tree is a holiday tradition for many families, and providing this experience has become a full-time business for us. We strive to find ways to make your visit to the Arend Tree Farms as convenient and enjoyable as possible.
Through the years, we have changed the types of trees we grow to meet public demands. Scotch Pine used to be the most popular tree in the 60’s and 70’s, but Fraser and Douglas Fir seem to be today’s favorites. Even though fir trees are the top-sellers, we try to make every species available. In addition to cut-your-own, pre-cut trees are available in a range of sizes with some priced as low as ten dollars for the budget minded. We also provide the newest innovations of the industry to our customers:
- Balers for easy transport of your tree
- Shakers for clearing out the unwanted debris
- Krinner Tree Genie XXL tree stands
Another attraction is the 150 year-old country church that is adjacent to the Grass Lake farm. Many families make it part of their holiday tradition to stop by the church for homemade doughnuts and cider or to purchase unique Christmas craft items.
Our main objective is to provide a friendly and unique holiday memory for your whole family. We look forward to seeing you.